Put your e-commerce knowledge to the test with our e-commerce quiz!
Take the quiz (answer key at the bottom...no cheating!) and share the quiz with how many questions you got correct!
1) What was parcel volume globally in 2020?
A. 131 billion
B. 200 billion
C. 100 billion
D. 164 billion
2) By the year 2040, it’s estimated that ____ of all purchases will be through e-Commerce.
3) Which companies are all among the top 10 e-commerce retailers, according to Forbes?
A. Walmart, Amazon, Nordstrom, Nike, Costco
B. Lowes, Best Buy, Apple, Macys, Target
C. Wayfair, Amazon, Best Buy, eBay, The Home Depot
D. Kroger, Macys, Costco, Target, Walmart
4) How much was e-commerce revenue in the United States in 2021?
A. $200 billion
B. $326 billion
C. $900 billion
D. $768 billion
5) What was the first item to sell on eBay?
A. A laser pointer
B. A baseball signed by Babe Ruth
C. A bottle of Baccarat Rouge perfume
D. A XL men’s t-shirt
6) How much did the sales of tuxedos and dresses on Amazon increase in 2021?
A. Sales doubled
B. No increase
C. Sales tripled
D. Sales increased 1.7%
7) Michael Aldrich is credited with inventing online shopping in what year?
8) In what year did Dr. Robert Jacobson coin the term “e-commerce”?
9) How many e-commerce websites are there worldwide?
A. 20 million
B. 24 million
C. 14 million
D. 16 million
10) How many return packages will UPS handle before January 22, 2022, as part of peak season?
A. >100 million
B. >75 million
C. >62 million
D. >60 million
11) What restaurant pioneered online ordering?
B. Pizza Hut
D. Papa Murphys
12) What is the top reason shoppers abandon online shopping carts?
A. Coupon codes failing to work
B. High shipping costs
C. Finding a better price elsewhere
D. Realizing their credit card has expired
13) What percent of online shoppers are below the age of 35?
14) How much was consumer spending on Small Business Saturday of 2021?
A. $20.2 billion
B. $26.7 billion
C. $23.3 billion
D. $17.9 billion
15) Around ______ of shoppers make purchases via smartphones?
1) A. 131 billion
2) C. 95%
3) C. Wayfair, Amazon, Best Buy, eBay, The Home Depot
4) D. $768 billion
5) A. A laser pointer
6) C. Sales tripled
7) D. 1979
8) A. 1984
9) B. 24 million
10) D. >60 million
11) B. Pizza hut
12) B. High shipping costs
13) A. 38%
14) C. $23.3 billion
15) D. 51%